Monday, September 28, 2009

The Things Kids Say........

Before I get to the story behind the title of this post I'll let you know my couponing this week first. I actually didn't go to the grocery for a big trip this week(so no picture). Basically I got milk and necessities, but the one interesting thing I did get was 4 boxes of cereal for $1.95. They were on sale for $1.77 and I had paper coupons and coupons on my card. Really good deal!!

Ok, so we had revival at our church this past week and the guest pastor brought some really good messages. The kind of messages that really hit home no matter who you are. Well, on the final night of revival he was preaching and he began to explain the way he would and would not react when our Lord said to him "well done thou good and faithful servant you may enter in". He said he would not just say "thank you" and "I have been looking forward to this" and just go into Heaven. I don't believe I will either. Just imagining God speak those words to you should get you a little excited. No, that is not what he would do. He then began to act out the way he would react, which went something like this. Alleluia!!!!!(while pumping arms and legs in the air) Alleluia!!!!!!!(while running back and forth behind the pulpit) Alleluia!!!! Praise God!!
In the meantime Sissy is sitting with our pastor's wife. Well, she leans over to her and says "Shoo, I think he is getting a little to excited!" While she was saying this our guest pastor was still in the process of describing this great and awesome moment. He was still pumping and shouting Alleluia, only this time he took off running down the aisle still shouting and praising God. I wonder what she thought about that if he was getting to excited before. My description doesn't do justice to the excitement and the joy of this. It was a great service and we all had a wonderful time worshiping the Lord. The funny part was what Sissy said. I didn't find out about it until after service of course. Our pastor's wife came up to me about to crack up laughing and I thought I was going to get down in the floor after she told me. Kids are just so innocent and honest. I actually think the world would be a much better place if we were more honest, and didn't take it personally, with each other.

On a different note, I am glad Bubby doesn't go to daycare right now, the flu and this Hand, Foot and Mouth disease are going around like crazy. Sissy is out of school for the rest of the week due to low attendance and I have just read about two people's kids that I know having the HFM disease. I had never even heard of this until the other day. I thought it was a joke at first. You know how people will say that you have foot-mouth disease? Like you put your foot in your mouth. Well, that's what I thought they were talking about at first until I saw people commenting all these serious comments. Opps!! Anyway, everyone Lysol up and try to stay well!! Goodnight and God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment